Saturday, January 4, 2014

FaceRig's Unveiling

Project Status: Complete


I have tons of ideas and I love to see when people are actually making them happen, like the guys over at FaceRig Software for example. It was just about two weeks ago when I was thinking about how cool it would be to have a webcam app that analyzes facial expressions and doesn't broadcast the source video but instead broadcasts a selected 3D character.


I like the fact that you can also change your voice to a voice that matches the animation, this is what I would have done also. These guys are doing pretty much everything with the project that I would do if I had the resources to do so.

Check out this video to see what they have so far:


I'm very glad to see that someone is already working on this idea and obviously has been for a while now. It'll be interesting to watch this project progress as they continue to work on it.